A Growing Post is 1 post. You will edit it over and over again making additions to it. This post is worth marks. You will be expected to show your knowledge of fractions and learn how to blog at the same time. Have fun and do not leave things to the last minute.
- Create a post and call it ****'s First Growing Post.
- Label it growingpost, fractions (write it exactly like that please)
- In the body of your post please answer the following question. You need to use words and a picture. Which set of fractions is larger 1/2 + 1/6 or 1/4 + 7/12. I would recommend that you use the idea of clocks to show your understanding.
- Find your picture of your final project "The Bike Race Fundraiser" at flickr
- Once you are at flickr and find your picture save it to your desktop or where ever you save your pictures. You should label it ***bikerace. Then upload it to the blog. Once it is there you will have to select it (double click) then cut it and put it into the right spot at in your post. Tell us 2 things about your bike race.
(update Friday Oct. 19)
Here are some more things to do
6. Do a google search for fraction games. Find a good site and write a review of the game. Tell everyone what is good about this site. You also need to create a link to the site.
7. Go back to your picture of the bike race. Tell us all about how you calculated the Km positions at a twelfth, sixth and a third. did you see any patterns?
8. What are 2 different ways to find a quarter and 3/4 of a number. Use one of the following 16, 22, or 110.
Tuesday October 23
Your final tasks
9) Write a fraction question and answer it. It has to be a question like one you have had on a test. You may answer it in pictorial or word form.
10) Mark your own Growing post and one other persons growing post. Use the following guide. Paste it in as a comment. Be honest. You may mark a persons work from another room. You may not mark a person's post that has already had a person mark it. Look before you comment.
Question 3 /5
Question 4/5 /3
Question 6 /5
Question 7 /3
Question 8 /5
Question 9 /5
Question 10 /7
Most importantly in the comment tell the student what they did well and what they could improve upon next time. Thanks for commenting.
Good luck. the final due date is Friday. You will have to be done by Monday to receive a mark.