- A certain number plus 26 equals 51. What is the Number?
- Three more than twice a number is nineteen. Find the number.
- Six times a certain number minus eight is forty. What is the number?
- Terry has a certain amount of money and Rick has three times as much. If together they have $2.60, how much did each boy have?
- David is 8 years younger than Robert. If the sum of their ages is 34, How old is each boy?
- When the sum of a certain number and four is dived by five the quotient is eleven. find the number.
- find the number if the sum of the number and three times the number is -32.
- The perimeter of a square is 48 cm. Find its dimensions, length and width.
- The perimeter of a rectangle is 30 cm and its length is 9 cm longer than its width. What is the width and length of the rectangle.?
- The sum of a certain number and five is multiplied by eight to give a product of 72. Find the number.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Algebra Word Problems
Here is 817's homework. The rest of you see this tomorrow!!