It is important for us to use material in our presentations and movies that we have permission to use. Today's lesson is about using creative commons images. You are going to learn how to search for images that you can use in your 2 Minutes to Make a Difference, your blog posts and your e-portfolios.
Let's start with flickr. This is a site where you can find many images. Most of the images are not usable because they do not have a cc license. There are many pictures that you can use and let's figure out how to do this.
Using Advanced Search at Flickr.
- Go to flickr.com
- Search for a keyword or topic
- Once you have searched and received a result click advanced search
- Scroll down till you see USE CC
- Now when you return to your image search you are searching images that you are allowed to use.
Saving the image
To save an image it is important to do a few things.
- Save the image to your desktop
- You now need an attribution. This is a way of giving the photographer credit.
- cc licensed flickr photo by nyominx: http://flickr.com/photos/nyominx/156249167/ is how you create an attribution. It has three parts
- cc licensed flickr photo by nyominx: http://flickr.com/photos/nyominx/156249167/ This is the name of the person who took the photo.
- cc licensed flickr photo by nyominx: http://flickr.com/photos/nyominx/156249167/ Is the link to the photograph on flickr.
- Every photo you use needs to have this attribution.
Here is your assignment....
Go to your e-portfolio. You are going to use photos to create your name.
- Start your flickr search.
- Search for "letter C" or what ever your name starts with.
- Choose all sizes
- choose Square 75 by 75
- Right click on the image and copy image location.
- Go to wikispaces and edit your e-portfolio page
- Right at the beginning you need to paste all of your letters in
- Don't for get to create the attribution cc licensed flickr photo by bigbluemeanie: http://flickr.com/photos/bigblue/317961215/
Remember to always to use only images you are allowed to use. Good luck and have fun.