Title this growing post @@@@@'s 2nd Growing post
Label it growingpost,@@@@@yourdisplayname,roomnumber
Question 1 Use this picture and reflect on your the puppy kibble test.
- What strategies were needed?
- How did you use these strategies?
- Or How could you of used these strategies.
- How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table
- Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
You are going to create a voicethread explaining the strategies you used on your test. You need to choose 4 out of the 6 questions.
1. 2/3 + 1/4 + 2/5 =
2. 6/5 - 11/10=
3. 3/5 + 2/7 =
4. 1/6/+1/9 =
5. 5/6 - 1/4 =
6. 3 3/5 - 1 4/5 =
I recommend the following. Choose your 4 questions. On plain pieces of white paper redo them like you did on your test. Make sure your drawings are large enough. Take a picture of them and save them to your desktop. Upload these images to voicethread and embed your voicethread into your blog.
At voicethread you need to describe what you did to solve the problems. How did you use clocks, money etc to solve the questions. You need a minimum of 2 comments on each picture.
Here is a video explaining how to make a voicethead and embed it into your post. You should have both of these questions done by the end of the weekend.
Wednesday December 5
3.) Here is your 3rd growing post question.
Today in class we reviewed the 6 strategies from the RACE Investigation. They were
- Fractions show operations
- Ratio Tables (Proportional Reasoning)
- Partial Products or the Distributive Property
- The Whole Matters
- Friendly Fractions
4. Your last question deals with pizza. You need to explain which group gets the largest portion of pizza. All student groups get the same sized pizzas. It is up to you to cut them up so that they are shared equally.
- Group 1 Sally Bob, Gidget and Biff Share 3 pizzas.
- Group 2 Stan, Holly, Barry, Ben and Ichkabibble share 4 pizzas.
- Group 3 Eric, Susy,James, Betty, Veronica and Moose share 5 pizzas.
- Group 4 Paul, Alex, Chris, Jughead, Archie, Reggie, Mr. Wotherspoon and Midge share 7 pizzas.
- How much pizza does each student get in the different groups?
- Which group gets the largest portion of pizza?
- Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways.
- What strategies did you use in finding your answer.
- Show your answer is 2 different ways. I would recommend that you create a voicethread of your work.
Your Growing Post is due on December 17th at 9 AM. Thank you for working hard in advance.
You will be responsible for a self-evaluation and peer evaluations next week.