Please choose 5 problems to have done by tomorrow. You choose. Be sure to Tang it and have the statement, let x be, steps, modelling and the work.
Rate Word Problems
- Simon bought 15 postcards during 5 days of vacation. How many days will Simon have to spend on vacation before he will have bought a total of 18 postcards? Solve using unit rates.
- Candice took a total of 8 pages of notes during 4 hours of class. In all, how many hours will Candice have to spend in class before she will have a total of 20 pages of notes in her notebook? Solve using unit rates.
- Luann jarred 12 liters of jam after 3 days. How much jam did Luann jar if she spent 5 days making jam? Solve using unit rates.
- Johnny's birthday party will cost $15 if he invites 3 guests. How many guests can there be, at most, if Johnny can afford to spend a total of $20 on his birthday party? Solve using unit rates.
- Amy drove to her mother’s house, which is 204 miles away. If it took her 3 hours, what was her average speed?
- Charles is going to buy 3 computer tables for $390. If he pays the same rate, how much would it cost for 8 computer tables?
- The ratio of an object’s weight on Earth to its weight on the Moon is 6:1. The first person to walk on the Moon was Neil Armstrong. He weighed 165 pounds on Earth. How much did he weigh on the moon?
- A diagram measuring 20 cm long is reduced on a copy machine to 15 cm long. If the width of the original copy is 16 cm, what is the width of the reduced copy?
- At Discount Copy, 12 copies cost $0.66. Melissa needs 56 copies. How much should they cost?
- Which costs more per issue, an 18-issue subscription for $40.50 or a 12-issue subscription for $33.60?