Here are a few questions. Try them out and see if they improve your test score on Thursday's quiz.
Feel free to leave answers as a comment! :)
1. Use prime factorization to show whether 120 and 196 are perfect squares?
2. What is the area of a square picture with a side length of 22cm?
3. Challenge yourself to memorize the perfect square numbers from 1 to 225. Can you repeat them from lowest to highest and then back down to lowest in under 1 minute? Bonus mark on the quiz if you can do this!
4. Determine which of the following numbers are perfect squares: 10, 100, 1000, 10 000, 100 000.
a) State the square root of each perfect square.
b)How do you know that the others are not perfect squares?
c)Create a quick method for determining mentally if the numbers are perfect squares.
d)Use this method to determine if 1 000 000 000 is a perfect square.
5. Determine the square root of 6400, 640 000, 64 000 000.
a) Describe a quick method for determining mentally the square root each number above.
b) Explain why this method does not work for evaluating the square root of 640.
What is the square toot of 640 000 000 000. How did you find your answer.