Welcome to your first 2 Minutes to make a Difference Assignment. This will start you on your journey to make a 2 minute movie by the end of March. Here is your assignment.
Excerpt from the movie:
"You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how
they can pay it back, I say they have to Pay It Forward...to three more people. Each. So, nine people get helped. Then those people have to do twenty-seven." He turned on the calculator, punched in a few numbers. "Then it sort of spreads out, see, to eighty-one, then two hundred forty-three, then seven hundred twenty-nine, then two thousand, one hundred eighty-seven. See how big it gets?"
Some possible ideas include:
· Volunteer at a soup kitchen, hospital, care home
· Clean up your community/school yard/park
· Donate Food/Clothing/Toys/Books/Christmas gifts
· Collect new and used toys and donate them to a hospital
· Help deliver Christmas hampers
· Make and deliver treat bags for children in hospitals (include pens, notepads, stickers, puzzles, candy, etc)
· Send care packages for soldiers / write letters to soldiers
· Become a pen pal with a senior citizen
· Volunteer to baby-sit for free
· Write ‘Thank you’ notes to people who have helped you
· Leave cards or notes in mailboxes, on windshields, or hanging from doorknobs
· AND LOTS, LOTS MORE!!
These are just possibilities. Students are asked to be creative and try to make a difference in someone’s life.
Title (Your Name)'s Pay it Forward
Labels payitforward, 2minutes2010, username
Your blog post is broken down into 4 parts.
Part 1What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie.
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
Why did you choose this activity?
Who did you help?
What did you do?
When did you do you act of kindness?
You need to document your act of kindness. Please make sure you have a photo or video of you "Paying It forward".
How did your act of kindness go?
How did you feel?
How did the person or people react?
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
How did they react to your request?
If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Has your act of kindness made a difference?